638 Peace Portal Drive
The Milhollin brothers transformed the landscape of Blaine with their craftiness and ingenuity.
The 1880s were a time of incredible growth for Blaine. Fishing, logging, and canning businesses were on the rise. Brothers John and James Milhollin arrived in Blaine in 1886 after hearing that the booming town was in need of a wharf.
In 1905, the Milhollin brothers incorporated the Farmers Mutual Telephone Company that was based in this building, 638 Peace Portal Drive. This company served to notify people about fires, storms, and natural disasters.
Three companies currently occupy this building today: Jones & Jones U.S. Customs Brokers, Jack Neimann’s Black Forest Steakhouse, and Air Safety Art LLC.